Happy new year! I spent it getting plastered…
(Top tip: old bank cards make great miniature floats for skim when you’re filling in plasterboard screw heads!)
Actually, I’ve spent most of the Christmas break concentrating on breathing, as Mick kindly gave me an extra Christmas present of the lurgy going round his workplace, but while I only managed to do a few hours of hole filling, he has spent nearly every day of the holiday down there and has got a LOT done.
Plasterboard and insulation going up in the hall.
The kitchen windowseat has been done as well – just need some edge protector to finish that off.
He even managed to plasterboard the ceiling over the stairs. I’m not sure I want to know exactly how he managed that – apparently it involved those two lengths of wood poking through the bannisters and a piece of chipboard…
David very kindly gave us some time between Christmas and new year as well, and has made good progress with the panelling upstairs.
And the framing for the internal walls is going back up as well, so it’s starting to look more like a house again and less like a shell.
David has been back this week too, replacing the damaged floorboards and finishing the framing, and Dougie has been finishing up the last bits of electrics needed, so hopefully we’ll be all set to go for Derek and his team to start putting the heating in on Monday 🙂