Excuse me while I jump up and down and whoop a bit, because when I checked my business account today I saw that £75 had been deposited yesterday, which is 3 x £25 deposits from our first three bookings 🙂 We get the balance month-end before the stay, so at the end of February I’ll get the balance of the 3-day stay booked for March less the annual property registration fee of £105. We’ve also had another week booked for September.
I had an answerphone message from BT on Monday telling me that the engineer would be visiting again on Wednesday 31st January and please could I be in from 8am until 1pm? The line was a bit crackly, so I double-checked with BT’s Live Chat who confirmed the engineer was booked. I’d picked up some new plaster, so was able to get those last few screw heads and plasterboard joins filled in, but confidently expecting that BT wouldn’t let me down twice in a row, I hadn’t taken down much else to get on with, and I couldn’t carry on painting the hall over wet plaster. So I made a big snagging list (it runs to three pages):
And I discovered that my phone talks to the TV as they’re both Samsungs. I can throw my phone screen to the TV or put the TV screen on my phone, and if you put the phone screen on the TV and then switch the camera on, you get this:
(Can you tell I was slightly bored by this stage??)
Anyway, no-one showed up again, so I stomped back down the road, and at 1.12pm an email pinged in saying they were continuing to work on my line installation and would contact me with further information on 5th February – at which point I was so icily polite to Live Chat that they opened a complaint without me asking them to!
Today I’ve been re-doing the screw heads in the plasterboard, because the first lot of plaster shrank a bit, and then decided to have a go at sorting out the hole David had to cut in the plasterboard to put in some stud to attach the extractor hood to. I mean, plastering a wall around a freshly installed extractor over brand new hob and wood worktop, what could possibly go wrong?? I did the sensible thing and got a sheet and some masking tape.
And amazingly managed not to make too much of a mess! The nice thing about this paint, annoying as it was to apply, is that all its claims about being washable are true. Once I’d plastered around the cut-out line and filled in the screw heads, I was able to wipe it over with a J-cloth and take most of the excess plaster off.
(Those three little dots are nail holes, I have no idea how they got there.) I’m not 100% certain I’m going to be able to cover it up properly, but I’ll sand it tomorrow and then see how well it takes another coat of paint. I need to get rid of David’s pencil marks as well. If it doesn’t look good then we’ll go back to the original idea of getting some brushed metal cut to size and attach it to the wall.