We’ve made some pretty good progress this week. Dougie has now got about as far as he can with the electrics until the studwall goes in, but we now have all the cables coming down the walls to where the sockets and switches will be, and they’re all neatly bundled up where the fusebox will be moved to on the landing.
As we had a bit of bad weather earlier in the week, I asked Pete and the guys to take the kitchen and bathroom ceilings down – Mick strained his back over the weekend so we weren’t able to do it ourselves and I didn’t want it to hold Dougie up. They found the kitchen ceiling was painted, so at some point it must have just been open to the floorboards above. I’m very wary about going upstairs now though, as I don’t want to fall through Dougie’s cable runs!
We did have our first on-site accident though – a dropped crowbar whilst taking down the bathroom ceiling unfortunately bounced the wrong way off the stepladder and took out the sink.
Never mind, it wasn’t a particularly pretty basin, I’m almost pleased to have a good excuse for replacing it! The bathroom ceiling is nothing to write home about and will be covered up with plasterboard once Dougie has done his stuff.
Today is Mick’s birthday and fittingly we had a very, very large delivery – all the Quinn Therm insulation and my flooring 🙂 It took up most of the Rembrand lorry on its weekly trip west!
Amazingly we just about managed to squeeze it all into the living room. In theory, once David and Dougie have gone through upstairs, we can fit the 100mm stuff into the rafters, which will free up enough space for them to work in the living room. In theory…!
We’ve had a pretty good day for weather today, which means the roof has made great progress.
Fingers crossed we can get hold of David for next week, otherwise we’re going to grind to a halt again, but for now we’re moving forwards at pace.